We are happy to inform you that the conference on the physics of early-type stars “OBA Stars: Variability and Magnetic Fields” will be held on April 26-30, 2021.
- Theory of magnetic fields in non-convective stars (origin and evolution)
- Fundamental parameters of OBA stars. Spots, Abundance gradients, Diffusion
- Instruments and methods of observations
- Stellar variability and stellar pulsations, Asteroseismology, Line profile variations
- Large programs, surveys, large collaborations: Kepler, TESS, APOGEE, Gaia, BRITE, etc.
- OBA stars X-rays. X-ray binaries: their origin and evolution
- Herbig Ae/Be stars, their nature, evolution and magnetic fields
- Youth Session
The conference will be held at the main building of the St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya emb. 7-9, 199034, Russia.
The conference includes plenary sessions with invited/review talks of up to 30-40 minutes duration, thematic sections with 15-20 minutes talks, and poster sections. All presentations (also posters) will be published via Zenodo platform (https://www.eso.org/sci/meetings/zenodo.html) and indexed in ADS.
We propose two type of the participation:
a) Participation in person.
b) Online participation
In case of a difficult epidemic situation with COVID-19 in April 2021, the entire conference will be held online. You can change the type of your registration at any time.
St. Petersburg State University, Russia
Special Astrophysical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Institute of Astronomy of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Main (Pulkovo) Astronomical Observatory, Russia
Euro-Asian Astronomical Society
Scientific Organizing Committee:
Swetlana Hubrig (Astrophysical Institute, Potsdam, Germany) – co-chair
Alexander Kholtygin (Saint-Petersburg University, Russia) – co-chair
Leonid Kitchatinov (Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics, Irkutsk, Russia)
Gautier Mathys (ESO, Chile)
Zdenek Mikulášek (Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic)
Igor Savanov (Institute of Astronomy, Moscow, Russia)
Iosif Romanyuk (Special Astrophysical Observatory, Nizhniy Arkhyz, Russia)
Mikhail Pogodin (Main (Pulkovo) Astronomical observatory, Russia)
Local Organizing Committee:
Andrey Dementyev (Saint-Petersburg University, Russia)
Sergei Petrov (Saint-Petersburg University, Russia)
Elizaveta Ryspaeva (CrAO, Russia)
Olga Tsiopa (Pulkovo Observatory, Russia)
To participate in the conference you need to register on the page
The registration page includes both the registration for participation in person and the registration for online participation.
a) participation in person:
- 150 EUR for all participants,
- 75 EUR for students and participants within 3 years after PhD,
- 0 EUR for Invited Speakers and accompanying persons
b) online participation: registration is free for all participants
Registration starts on October 1, 2020
Registration deadline is March 15, 2021
Abstract submission starts on October 31, 2020
Abstract submission deadline: March 15, 2021
For all questions related to the conference feel free to contact with us via the conference e-mail email@example.com.
Please also inform your colleagues about the conference.
Scientific Organizing Committee